Tuesday, February 12, 2008

HE'S GONE

(22.04.98)

"Tell me!"
That's what he said;

They were his last words though!
He won't speak any more,
Because he isn't here any more;

He's gone !

I did tell him though!
But he didn't hear anything,
And he won't hear anything else;

He's gone !

He went before I told him!
I thought it would be better that way,
Save him the agony of knowing;

He's gone !

Maybe it was unfair
Maybe it was cruel
Maybe it wasn't right

But I couldn't tell him to his face!
Not whilst he was here anyway,
Much easier when his face is gone;

He's gone !

It wasn't my fault at all though!
He shouldn't have asked the question, demanded the answer,
He knows that now, but now's too late;

He's gone !

1 comment:

Unknown said...

i like this one .. it's so empty just like death